8 Things To Do On A Rainy Day




We've had a few rainy days here in SoCal over the past few days, which has brought some much needed rain to our dry state. I've been thinking about activities kids (and I) can do while it's raining and muddy outside. While my kids like to play in the rain, it really doesn't take long for them to get bored, cold, and soaking wet... then they want to be entertained.
Sometimes my kids like to do things as a family and sometimes they like to have their time by themselves. Here are an array of ideas that work well for my kids on rainy days.
Baking / cooking - we all love baking (at least us girls) and having the house smell delicious on a rainy day is so nice. Not to mention that when we're baking or cooking we make the house cozy warm because we use the stove and oven. We love baking cookies, cakes, banana bread... okay, anything sweet. And I usually make a big, yummy dinner (usually in the crockpot because we're using the oven to bake with.
Board games - this one is from my childhood, but it still works! My kids are living proof! I'm playing Scrabble with two of my kids as I type this (yes, I'm multitasking). Earlier I played Battleship with my youngest daughter. We also have Monopoly, Jenga, Uno, and an array of other board and card games. I have found that these games are good for a while, but then the kids really get bored with them and want to move on to something else.
Blogging - there are lots of kids out there who blog, and a rainy day is a great day to catch up on some blogging (I know I am!).
Movie / TV - we subscribe to Netflix and we pay the extra couple dollars to allow for additional users to be able to log in. If they want to be left alone to do their own thing they generally go lay in their beds and watch a movie or TV show on Netflix. This really decreases the arguing and contention in my home (especially with four teenagers!). Or, sometimes we watch a movie on TV as a family. I try to limit this (as much as I can) because I would rather my kids do something other than watch TV for extended periods of time.
Clean / Organize - most kids (mine included) don't necessarily like to do a whole lot (okay, okay... not much at all), but this really is a great time to clean out that closet or drawer that has been cluttered and begging for attention for a long time.
Read a book - cuddling up on the couch in front of warm fire with a hot cup of cocoa and a good book is always a nice way spend a chilly, rainy day.
Window shopping - sometimes we just want to get out of the house on a rainy day. Window shopping can be a lot of fun. If you live close to a mall you could go window shopping and try on cute clothes or look at beautiful artwork.
Movie Theater - going to a movie is a great way to spend a rainy day if you need to get out of the house for a couple of hours.
These can be done when it's snowing as well, but since I live in SoCal (and in the desert) I don't see much snow... more sunshine and rain than anything else. And don't forget to invite a friend over to join in the fun as well!
For more ideas on how to entertain teenagers visit my blog at http://www.kristymlopez.com


Article Source

Comments
0 Comments

0 التعليقات:

Enregistrer un commentaire